And baby makes three (or five...or seven)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nanny? Babysitter?

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a great job that pays well and I get to work from home. While I realize how incredibly fortunate I am, this situation does present its own set of issues. For one, I get extreme cabin-fever after a week with no meetings or out-of-home excursions. The other, more pressing issue is that there are times when I need to go into the office. That means I need to find someone to watch Lil' A while I'm gone.

Let me set this up for you: we moved to the 'Couv about 4 years ago. We have no family here. My parents live 6 hours away (driving) as do my hubby's. Since Lil' A was born, my mom has been here a lot, but starting in March, I think we'll see her a lot less.

I'm totally worried about what I'm supposed to do if I have to go in for a few hours. For now, our only plan is to have Eno take time away from work while I run in. It's true, many times I can bring the baby with me, especially if it's an informal meeting, or if I just have to drop something off. But I'm just waiting for the time that my boss asks me to come in on short-notice...what will I do then?

I've tried to find someone to come to the house for a day or two a week to help out. That could be the day I set as the time I can come in -- other times are just not possible. But I've been unsuccessful so far in the search. I wonder what other work-at-home moms do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home