And baby makes three (or five...or seven)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mama M Does the Beavers



The Portland Beavers, that is.

I was asked to sing the National Anthem twice this week at the Portland Beavers baseball game. The Beavers are the AAA team for the San Diego Padres, so it's not major league, but it's still loads of fun for me. This video is from Tuesday's performance. There were over 2,000 kids there, so it was a decent crowd for a day game.

[Note: Those of you lovely readers (all 3 of you) who actually know me will know that I don't necessarily go around advertising that I sing. In fact, for the past three years or so, Carlos has been hiding a video of me singing at a WWU football game. (Thank you Carlos!) But, hell, I have my own blog now, so I figured I can post whatever I want. Ha!]

The video isn't that great and since it's such a large file, I'm not sure how this will work. As Randy Jackson would say, it was a bit "pitchy" in parts, but overall it was OK.



BTW, it's my life dream to sing at a Seattle Mariner's game -- anyone know someone who works for that organization? :)

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, you don't really advertise. In fact, it was only about a year ago that I found out. You'll have to let me know next time you go to do it. I would gladly pay for the ticket just to hear it live. The video is actually pretty good and your singing is even better! I wonder if Lil' A knew it was Mama up there? :D

    By Blogger Terra, at 10:13 AM  

  • Sounded great!! So fun that you posted the video! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home