And baby makes three (or five...or seven)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Mama says don't speak in the 3rd person

Somewhere on this road to/through motherhood, I picked up the most annoying habit. So annoying, it even annoys me, but I can't seem to stop it. This mama has been speaking about herself in the third person. See? It's annoying.

I don't know how it came about, but I'm sure lil a will know who I am, even without me mentioning my own name to him every time I do something. "Mama needs to clean her hands." "Mama needs to wipe off the boogers you just sneezed at her." It goes on and on. The worst part is when I accidentally do it when talking to other adults. Yeah, I need to get out more.

That being said, there are some advantageous sides of the whole 3rd person thing. "I think daddy needs to change your bum!" works wonders in this house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home