And baby makes three (or five...or seven)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pooptastic

Anyone who has children or knows anyone who has children will spend and inordinate amount of time talking about poop. That's just the way it is. Amazingly however, you can find yourself poop-talking in the most inappropriate places without realizing or sensing the inappropriateness, like during dinner at a nice restaurant on your one night out without the baby. "Lil a pooped this morning, you should've seen it....What? Yes, I'll have the caviar."

Anyway, I am writing about poop, if you haven't figured that out yet. More specifically, I am writing about the 5 times lil a pooped on Sunday. 5 times!!! That's 5 poopy diapers in one day, more than he'd normally have in a week. Of course, he had gone...wait, lemme check the TrixieTracker...3 days with nary a pooplet.

You see, it seemed like every time lil a had a poopy diaper, I was the only one around to take care of the mess. Seriously, it would happen nanoseconds after eno left for work, or 10 minutes before the nanny shows up. I think my wonderful son sensed my frustration because eno cleaned each and every one of them.

Anyway, I learned something about solid foods. I was under the impression that most fruits are very high in fiber, especially apples. For that reason I would be sure that one of his meals was apples -- the other could be something else. Well, it turns out that apples and bananas (his other staple) actually cause...um...firming, if you know what I mean. Wholesome Baby Food explains it all and suggests pears as an alternative. Last night, he had his first meal of pears, with some diluted prune juice on the side.

Lucky baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home