And baby makes three (or five...or seven)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

S L E E P

I've been majorly sleep deprived lately. Lil a has decided that he will only sleep for 2 hours at a time at most. More often it's 45 mins to an hour.

I already have this problem that if something happens when I'm asleep, I usually can't remember that it occurred. I get so startled when I'm awoken that my heart races a million miles an hour (ok, I'm exaggerating...200 MPH) and I get all messed up in the head.

So, a few nights ago, lil a was crying and refusing to sleep. Eno had suggested that he take the little one downstairs...apparently World Cup soccer lulls him right to sleep. (We all know Eno just wanted to watch soccer.) I objected and said that he was probably hungry and proceeded to feed him. He fell asleep and so did I. At least that's the story I told my mom the next day.

Eno called the next day and asked me how the baby slept last night (he usually sleeps through the night feedings/crying). I mentioned how he fell right to sleep after I fed him. He said,

"No, I mean, after I took him downstairs."

"That wasn't last night. You didn't take him downstairs."

"Yes, I did."

"No you didn't. He fell right asleep after he ate."

"No he didn't. You don't remember?!?" (hysterically laughing now)

"No way. If you did, tell me what you watched on TV"

"We watched Battle in the River: Hippos vs Rhinos. The Hippos won."

Wow. That's some compelling evidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home